1. Can we make the tours with our own bicycles instead of rentals?
- Yes, it is possible and we will deduct the price of the rental bike from your package. Your group can be mixed with people renting bikes and people with their own bikes.
2. What do the island ferries in Åland cost?
- The island ferries are free for passengers and cost €8 per bicycle. The first bike ticket you buy is valid for all ferries within Åland, so remember to keep it during your whole trip!
3. Are helmets mandatory for cyclists?
- No, but you can rent helmets if you wish when you collect your bikes.
4. Do the tours include a guide?
- No, all bicycle tours are self-guided. It is easy to find your way on the roads in Åland.
5. Are your tours suitable for families with kids?
- Yes, kids can do all our tours with comfort and we have rental bikes for them. You can also rent a child trailer for your bike.
6. What do we do if it rains?
- We recommend bringing rain coats in your luggage. The weather is beyond anyone's control, even though it's usually sunny and nice.
7. Are there places to have lunch along the way?
- Yes. Depending on route and date we can recommend different places for lunch. Restaurants for dinner are at or nearby your accommodations.
8. Can I stay in a single room instead of a double room?
- Yes. It costs a bit more, depending on your tour.
Our standard bike
9. Can we do the tours with our motorcycles or mopeds?
- Absolutely! Just inform us in the "Request" field on the booking page and we'll arrange it for you. Please be advised that motorcycles are more expensive to bring on ferries than bicycles.
10. How do we pay for the tours?
- After we've made your reservation you will receive an electronic invoice by email, payable by bank wire or any credit or debit card. All tours have to be paid in advance.
11. What are your booking terms and conditions?
In case you cancel a reservation at least 3 days before your starting date, we will refund your purchase in full.
In case you don't cancel your reservation and don't arrive for the tour we cannot give any refunds.
Cancellations or changes to reservations have to be done through ÅLAND.travel, not with the accommodation providers.
In case you need to change dates or alter your reservation, we will do our best to accommodate your requests.
12. Do you have electrical bicycles?
- Yes, starting in 2023 we offer electrical bicycles on all our tours. We have them in limited stock, so make sure to make your reservation in time.
13. Where can we store our extra luggage?
- Empty bags can be stored with the bike renter. For extra luggage there are secure storage lockers in the ferry terminal in Mariehamn, where you arrive. You can safely store any luggage here.
14. Can we add an extra night on any of the destinations or upgrade our room?
- Absolutely! Please inform us in advance and we'll arrange it.
15. Can you make us a special tour that is different?
- Absolutely, please write to us at email@example.com and we'll get back to you with our suggestions.
16. Where do we collect our bikes?
- The bike rental agency is located by the Mariehamn ferry terminal, on the other side of the street.
17. What do we need to bring?
You need to bring ID to board the ship to Åland, as well as to collect rental bikes.
We also recommend bringing the following equipment:
Head torch for late biking
Swimming clothes to take a refreshing bath
18. Are bike bags included?
- Yes, bike bags are included in all our tours.
Our bike bags
Things To Do
ÅLAND.travel is a private enterprise with no government affiliation.
All rights reserved. © 2022